Investing in Inclusive Digitalization: A Government and Investor Roundtable
This 90-minute roundtable brought together governments and investors to discuss how they can leverage common interests in addressing digital development challenges, some of which are highlighted in WBA’s benchmark results to enhance digital cooperation, drive digital inclusion, and accelerate the achievement of SDGs for the Decade of Action.
Following an opening presentation from Lourdes O. Montenegro who leads the digital sector transformation at the WBA, there was a keynote address from Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), followed by robust dialogue between representatives and investors. This event explored and co-created specific calls to action on multi-stakeholder collaborations to address issues in the digital sector including inclusive investments in digitalization so that no one is left behind in the digital economy.
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of the International Telecommunication Union (Keynote)
- Fábio Faria, Minister of Communications, Brazil (Keynote)
- Lourdes Montenegro, Lead Digital Sector Transformation, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Felippa Amanta, Head of Research, Center for Indonesian Policy Studies
- Alison Bryant, Senior Vice President of Research & Enterprise Lead for Technology & Digital Equity, AARP
- Anita Dorett, Director, Investor Alliance for Human Rights
- Lauren Compere, Managing Director and Head of Shareowner Engagement, Boston Common Asset Management
- Jon Guinness, Portfolio Manager, Equities Fidelity International
- Paula Byrne, Director of Sustainability, Samsung
- Christine Brueschke, Sustainable Investing Analyst, Fidelity International (Moderator)
World Benchmarking Alliance and Fidelity International
Listen to the webinar recording here: