Webinar: Safeguarding Human Rights Defenders
The Investor Alliance for Human Rights is hosting a webinar to inform how institutional investors can be connected to harmful impacts on human rights defenders through their investments.
The goal of this webinar is to:
- Increase the understanding of the scale and nature of attacks faced by human rights defenders;
- Inform investors of their responsibility to respect the work of human rights defenders and to support and protect human rights defenders;
- Understand the business case for protecting human rights defenders; and
- Provide practical guidance for company and investor due diligence processes and other actions that investors can take.
Our speakers will discuss the vital work of human rights defenders to ensure responsible and rights-respecting business. We are very fortunate to have a great panel of speakers for our webinar:
- Sutharee Wannasiri, a Thai researcher and Human Rights Defender and Advocate for vulnerable communities in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
- Christen Dobson, Senior Project Lead & Researcher at the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.
- Ali Hines, Campaigner at Global Witness.
- Sarah Brooks, Brussels Liaison and Asia Advocate at the International Service for Human Rights.
- Corey Klemmer, Director of Engagement at Domini Impact Investments.
- David Schilling, Senior Program Director of Human Rights at the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, and the Investor Alliance.
Please take note that this webinar will run for 75 minutes.
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5599398612308906512